A Word From the Experts-Keeping Tires Properly Inflated
- By admin
- America First Credit Union Super Oval , NHRA Drag Strip , Rocky Mountain Raceways MotoX , Uncategorized
|A properly inflated tire will roll better than one that is not properly inflated.
Imagine the effect this has on your vehicle as you drive down the road.
Watch a short video below demonstrating this.
You’ve probably heard more than once that keeping your tires properly inflated can help prevent blowouts, increase the life of your tire, and increase your gas mileage.
HOW does keeping your tires properly inflated help with all of this?!
- When tires are inflated properly they are easier to roll and have less drag. When they are low on air the excessive drag causes heat. The heat and not having even weight distribution across the tread causes the tires to wear out faster than they should, and could cause the interior construction of the tire to come apart, which is known as a blowout.
- When the tire is low on pressure and becomes hard to roll it makes the engine work harder which burns more fuel than it should.
- When a tire is low on pressure, it does not wear evenly on all sides, which decreases the life of your tire.
- Watch the short demonstration in the video below on the difference between a properly inflated tire and a tire that is not properly inflated.
We are always happy to show you how to check your tires, or do it for you. Stop by any time during regular business hours (Monday-Friday 7:30am to 6pm)! We are located at 4261 W 5415 S in Kearns, and can be reached at (801) 966-6021 or email@example.com.
You can also find us on: